Reinstate a Florida Corporation
If your corporation has been administratively dissolved by the Division of Corporations, it is still possible to revive the corporation and regain good standing with the State. Until you have done so, your business does not have the legal authority to conduct business in Florida or maintain standing in any court in the State.
To reinstate a Florida corporation, you must file a Corporation Reinstatement with the Division of Corporations. There is a $600 reinstatement fee, as well as a $150 for every missed Corporation Annual Report. You are required to file an Annual Report and pay the $150 fee, even if your company has only been dissolved for a few months. Thus, the absolute minimum fee for reinstatement is $750.
A Corporation Reinstatement can be filed by mail, fax or online.
Please note that if your FL corporation was voluntarily dissolved by its shareholders, you do not file for reinstatement. That is a different process, called Revocation of Dissolution.
The Corporation Reinstatement Form
- Corporation NameYou must enter the name of your Florida corporation and your Document Number (as issued by the Secretary of State) as it appears on your registration with the Divison of Corporations. You cannot change your corporation name as part of the reinstatment (although you can file an amendment later and change it).
- Principal AddressYou must list the principal street address of your business as it is listed with the State. A postal box is not acceptable.
- Mailing AddressIf different from your principal address.
- Date of IncorporationList your original date of incorporation (or registration, if a foreign corporation).
- FEINList your Federal Employer Identification Number as issued by the Internal Revenue Service.
- Certificate of StatusIf you are requesting a Certificate of Status, mark the box and include $8.75 for the certificate.
- Florida Registered AgentYou must list your Florida registered agent and their street address within the State (a post office box will be rejected).
- Registered Agent SignatureYour registered agent is required to sign the document. If you are submitting the form digitally, typing the name of your agent is considered to be a valid signature.
- Officers and DirectorsYou are required to designate the current officers and/or directors of your corporation. Indicate their position within the company (director, chairman, manager, etc.). You are required to list at least three directors or trustees, as well as their street addresses.
- Email AddressFuture Annual Report notifications will go to this email address.
How Do I Pay If I Submit Online?
You can pay for your reinstatement with a valid credit/debit card, check, money order, or through your Sunbiz E-File Account.
Will My Corporation Name Still Be Available?
If you are filing for reinstatement less than one year after your administrative dissolution, then your name will be available. If it has been longer than one year, your corporation’s name has been released for use and may have been registered to another company. If this is the case, you will need to file an amendment to change your corporation’s name.