Florida LLC Amendment

A Florida LLC can make an amendment to its Articles of Organization at any time during the life of the business by filing Articles of Amendment with the Florida Division of Corporations.

Articles of Amendment are designed to make substantive changes to a Florida LLC’s Articles of Organization. This is different from simply making a correction (such as for a spelling error), which should be done by filing a Statement of Correction.

LLC Articles of Amendment

Pursuant to s. 605.0202 of the Florida Statutes, the following information listed on Florida LLC Articles of Organization can be amended when filing Florida LLC Articles of Amendment:

  • The name of the Florida LLC
  • The principal business office address
  • The mailing address
  • The name and address of the company’s Florida registered agent
  • The name and address of individuals authorized to manage the Florida LLC
  • Any articles added by the LLC to the original Articles of Organization

Note that when you hire Sunshine Corporate Filings® to be your Florida registered agent, you’ll have the option to use our Florida business address as your principal address and business mailing address.

Filing Articles of Amendment

You must file Florida LLC Articles of Amendment by mail, fax or in person with the Florida Division of Corporations. Accompanying the filing, you must submit a $25 processing fee. You must also include a Cover Letter which lists the name of the LLC and the name and contact information of the filer.

Certified copies of the filing are available for an additional $30, and a Certificate of Status is available for $5.

To fax the filing to the Division of Corporations, you must have a Sunbiz E-File Account.

Mailed filings take roughly a week to process. Faxed filings are processed typically within a few days.

When am I Required to File an Amendment?

If you have filed Articles of Organization with the Florida Division of Corporations and you (or any other member/manager of your LLC) is aware of inaccurate information on the filing, you are required to promptly file either Articles of Amendment or a Statement of Correction.